GENN MEDIA - Blog
Published in Blog Page Read 10 times

If you are currently insured, have no DUI's, and drive less than 50 miles per day, you are paying too much for auto insurance.
Of course, no one is going to come right out and tell you that. So, how do you get the lowest auto insurance rates?
Here's the secret: There is only one way to get the lowest rates. You MUST compare the rates of multiple insurance companies. Different companies have very different discounts, which can have a huge impact on your rates.
Just enter your zip code, the average amount that you drive each day, and whether you have ever received a DUI to see if you're eligible.

Many consumers have never really shopped for car insurance. When they learned to drive as teenagers, their parents added them to their car insurance policy. As they matured into adulthood, they simply stayed with that insurance company. It's understandable; we're all busy and most of us don't spend a lot of time worrying about car insurance.
The issue is that car insurance rates can vary dramatically from one insurance company to the next, and can change completely in as little as six months. If you have never shopped around for car insurance, or if you just haven't done it in the last six months, you could be paying hundreds of dollars more than you need to.
Saving hundreds of dollars is appealing in the best of times, in today's challenging economy; it's a no-brainer. Let FreeRateReport help you find the lowest insurance rates.

Published in Blog Page Read 20 times

AdeolaAriyojk

Elizabeth Arden has selected Nigerian model Adeola Ariyo as its first African brand ambassador. Ariyo will appear in ads for Visible Difference, Skin Illuminating and the company's foundation brands across the African continent.
"Adeola is well travelled and truly committed to young women on the African continent. She is sincere and authentic, and what shines through is that she is here to represent African women and educate us about beauty and what beauty means today," remarked Elle editor Jackie Burger.

Published in Blog Page Read 15 times

Shutterstock

VH1's new dating reality series is far from conservative, but eye-opening in more ways than one.
When Dating Naked was brought to my attention, I couldn't help but sigh deeply, shake my head and think, 'Okay, VH1. You're keeping it a little too real.'
At the same time, I found myself wondering, 'Are these people really naked? What are they doing during these skin-bared dates? And isn't the awkwardness of Tinder and OKCupid enough?'
And just like that, I found myself (and my curiosity) sitting in front of the TV tuning in to the season premiere of the new "radical dating experience" – an extreme encounter that I initially found unnerving.


The idea of seeing two potential partners stripping their bodies before getting to know each other was unsettling. Each date was as though I was watching a movie in rewind and couldn't hit stop and then press "Play." It kind of reminded me of a one-night stand going down before any type of dialogue, without any action in between the sheets.

Published in Blog Page Read 50 times

scum

Man Poses As Cop To Rape Illegal Immigrants
A California man is rightfully in police custody after he was found posing as a police officer in order to rape immigrants & threaten them with deportation if they talked.

A San Francisco man is under arrest after allegedly posing as a police officer and forcing undocumented immigrants in the Bay Area to perform sexual acts under threat of deportation, authorities said earlier this week.

Jeffrey Bugai, 35, was arrested for kidnapping with the intent to commit sexual assaults while impersonating a police officer. He is being held in custody in the San Francisco County Jail pending criminal proceedings on those charges.

Published in Blog Page Read 13 times

The interim CEO of the Los Angeles Clippers testified Tuesday that coach Doc Rivers told him he will quit if Donald Sterling remains the owner of the team.

CEO Richard Parsons made the statement at a trial to determine whether Sterling's wife Shelly Sterling can sell the team for $2 billion to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.The NBA has tried to force out Donald Sterling since soon after racist statements emerged on recordings in April.

"Doc is troubled by this maybe moreso than anybody else," Parsons said on the witness stand about Rivers, who is black. "If Mr. Sterling continues as owner, he does not want to continue as coach."Parsons said he fears there would also be an exodus of key players, including team captain Chris Paul, who also is black and heads the NBA players union.Parsons was about to give an account of his conversations with Paul but was stopped by an objection by an NBA lawyer who said it would be an invasion of privacy.

Published in Blog Page Read 16 times

Dwight Howard #12 of the Los Angeles Lakers drives the baseline on Hasheem Thabeet #34 of the Oklahoma City Thunder December 7, 2012 at Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Oklahoma City defeated Los Angeles 114-108

Published in Blog Page Read 16 times

WASHINGTON (AP) — Senior U.S. intelligence officials said Tuesday that Russia was responsible for "creating the conditions" that led to the shooting down of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, but they offered no evidence of direct Russian government involvement.

The intelligence officials were cautious in their assessment, noting that while the Russians have been arming separatists in eastern Ukraine, the U.S. had no direct evidence that the missile used to shoot down the passenger jet came from Russia.

The officials briefed reporters Tuesday under ground rules that their names not be used in discussing intelligence related to last week's air disaster, which killed 298 people.

The plane was likely shot down by an SA-11 surface-to-air missile fired by Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine, the intelligence officials said, citing intercepts, satellite photos and social media postings by separatists, some of which have been authenticated by U.S. experts.

Media


Published in Blog Page Read 17 times

WBC middleweight title holder Miguel Cotto (39-4, 31 KOs) says that Golden Boy fighter Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and the Top Rank promoted Julio Cesar Chavez Jr are both on his target list as potential opponents for him to step into the ring against. Cotto says he wants to rekindle the Mexico vs. Puerto Rico rivalry.

Cotto, 33, is currently on vacation, but once he comes back he's going to be sitting down and making a decision about who he'll be facing in his next fight. December 6th is the target date for Cotto's next fight. It's unclear whether he'll be choosing to defend his WBC middleweight title or not for his next fight.If Cotto chooses to fight Chavez Jr next then it would seem highly unlikely that the fight will be at middleweight because Chavez Jr can't make weight for the division at this point in his career. But of course if the money is good enough anything is possible. The chances of Chavez Jr. being physically able to fight after draining down from the 190s to making weight at 160 is unknown.

"I'm enjoying my last victory and most of all waiting to see what happens in my career," Cotto said to ESPN Deportes. "There are many possible names, such as Canelo and Chavez, but there again, we are still waiting. This is business. We will ensure the best option for Miguel Cotto. But it is a fact that the Mexico-Puerto Rican rivalry can be rekindled."

Cotto really only has three names – Floyd Mayweather Jr, Canelo or Chavez Jr – if he wants to get a huge payday. He could fight WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, the guy that most fans recognize as the legitimate champion at middleweight, but that would a likely massacre loss for Cotto with him getting routed by Golovkin and not getting the big money that he'd get in a fight against Canelo, Chavez Jr or Mayweather.

If Cotto wants the Canelo fight in December, then he's going to need to tell Bob Arum of Top Rank that's what he wants, because Arum seems to be leaning in the direction of having the Canelo-Cotto fight take place on the Mexican holiday Cinto de Mayo next May. Cotto would be smarter to wait until that date before he takes that fight, because he'll likely make less money if he faces Canelo in December.

Published in Blog Page Read 21 times

Time out: Manchester City defender Bacary Sagna and wife Ludivine relax in Miami after a long season

Time out: Manchester City defender Bacary Sagna and wife Ludivine relax in Miami after a long season

Bacary Sagna and his wife are enjoying a sun-soaked trip to Miami Beach, as he prepares to take his footballing skills to a new club.
The former Arsenal defender was spotted on the balmy Florida shores with his stunning wife Ludivine as they relaxed on the beach.
Sagna joined Premier League champions Manchester City at the end of his Arsenal contract putting an end to months of speculation about his future.

Resolved: After a long contract stand-off with Arsenal, Sagna departed the club to join City

Resolved: After a long contract stand-off with Arsenal, Sagna departed the club to join City

The France international will compete with Pablo Zabaleta for a spot in Manuel Pellegrini's side, but both men are on extended summer breaks after their World Cup exploits.
Sagna helped Les Bleus reach the World Cup quarter-finals where they lost to Germany, while Zabaleta's Argentina reached the final where they also succumbed to the Germans.
Bacary agreed to join City on a £150,000-a-week deal with Manchester City after eight years with the Gunners, but denies he left for financial reasons.
'I'm going to clear everything up because I keep reading that I did it for money and I'm greedy,' he said.
'What I want to say is I have stayed with Arsenal on the same contract since 2008 and I never asked for more money.
'For people who think it's for money, it's not. I just wanted to change. I needed a boost in my career and I think it was about time.
'It was not an easy time because we were still involved in the FA Cup and it was hard to stay focused. I stayed focused on my team because I have a lot of respect for Arsenal.

Les Bleus: Sagna represented France at the 2014 World Cup where they reached the quarter-finals

Les Bleus: Sagna represented France at the 2014 World Cup where they reached the quarter-finals

Published in Blog Page Read 23 times

Signed: James Rodriguez was unveiled as a Real Madrid player on Tuesday at the Santiago Bernabeu

Signed: James Rodriguez was unveiled as a Real Madrid player on Tuesday at the Santiago Bernabeu

Arrival: Rodriguez poses with a ball during his presentation on the pitch at the Santiago Bernabeu

Arrival: Rodriguez poses with a ball during his presentation on the pitch at the Santiago Bernabeu

All smiles: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez (left), Rodriguez (right) and his wife Daniela at presentation

 

All smiles: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez (left), Rodriguez (right) and his wife Daniela at presentation

Taking it down: Rodriguez wore some pink and blue boots during his unveiling

Taking it down: Rodriguez wore some pink and blue boots during his unveiling